Friday 9 March 2018

9 March: Vita Sackville-West

Vita (Victoria Mary) Sackville-West was born on this date in 1892. Some words of wisdom from her: 

  1. There is nothing more lovely in life than the union of two people whose love for one another has grown through the years, from the small acorn of passion, into a great rooted tree.
  2. I have come to the conclusion, after many years of sometimes sad experience, that you cannot come to any conclusion at all.
  3. Small pleasures must correct great tragedies, therefore of gardens in the midst of war I bold tell.
  4. The works of God, I always felt, were given freely to anyone who could appreciate them whether millionaire or pauper.
  5. A flowerless room is a soulless room, to my way of thinking; but even a solitary little vase of a living flower may redeem it.
  6. Forget not bees in winter, though they sleep.
  7. One never believes other people's experience and one is only very gradually convinced by one's own.
  8. The shortest day has passed, and whatever nastiness of weather we may look forward to in January and February, at least we notice that the days are getting longer. Minute by minute they lengthen out. It takes some weeks before we become aware of the change. It is imperceptible even as the growth of a child, as you watch it day by day, until the moment comes when with a start of delighted surprise we realise that we can stay out of doors in a twilight lasting for another quarter of a precious hour.
  9. The wise traveller is he who is perpetually surprised.
  10. What is beautiful is good, and who is good will soon be beautiful.


I Write Fiction, Too!



More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment