Friday 27 October 2017

27th October: Dylan Thomas Quotes

Welsh poet Dylan Thomas was born on this date in 1914. Starting with what is probably his most famous quote, here are ten words of Welsh wisdom.


  1. Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
  2. Though lovers be lost love shall not.
  3. An alcoholic is someone you don't like who drinks as much as you do.
  4. When one burns one's bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.
  5. Life always offers you a second chance. It is called tomorrow.
  6. I do not need any friends. I prefer enemies. They are better company and their feelings towards you are always genuine.
  7. He who seeks rest finds boredom. He who seeks work finds rest.
  8. A good poem is a contribution to reality.
  9. Join the army and see the next world.
  10. I hold a beast, an angel and a madman in me.


Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts posts on my writing blog, a weekly writing quote and news of upcoming publications

No comments:

Post a Comment