Thursday 28 September 2017

7th October: Desmond Tutu Quotes

10 quotes from Desmond Tutu, South African cleric and activist, born on this date in 1931.

  1. Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.
  2. My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.
  3. Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.
  4. But God can only smile because only God can know what is coming next.
  5. We inhabit a universe that is characterised by diversity.
  6. If you want peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.
  7. There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they're falling in.
  8. Differences are not intended to separate, to alienate. We are different precisely in order to realize our need of one another.
  9. Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument.
  10. I can't control what happens to me, but I can control how I respond to it.



Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts posts on my writing blog, a weekly writing quote and news of upcoming publications

No comments:

Post a Comment