Tuesday 12 September 2017

19th September: William Golding Quotes

Born on this date in 1911: Sir William Golding, novelist, poet and Nobel Prize for Literature laureate best known for his novel Lord of the Flies.


  1. My yesterdays walk with me. They keep step, they are grey faces that peer over my shoulder.
  2. What a man does defiles him, not what is done by others.
  3. I think women are foolish to pretend they are equal to men; they are far superior and always have been.
  4. Childhood is a disease - a sickness that you grow out of.
  5. We have a disharmony in our natures. We cannot live together without injuring each other.
  6. I am astonished at the ease with which uninformed persons come to a settled, a passionate opinion when they have no grounds for judgement.
  7. I am by nature an optimist and by intellectual conviction a pessimist.
  8. The greatest ideas are the simplest.
  9. However you disguise novels, they are always biographies.
  10. The thing is - fear can't hurt you any more than a dream.


Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts posts on my writing blog, a weekly writing quote and news of upcoming publications

No comments:

Post a Comment