Sunday 6 August 2017

6th August: Alfred Lord Tennyson quotes

Alfred Lord Tennyson, born on this date in 1808, was Poet Laureate for much of Queen Victoria's reign. Here are some of his quotable quotes:

  1. 'Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all.
  2. Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
  3. Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, 'It will be happier.'
  4. Ours not to reason why, ours but to do and die.
  5. No man ever got very high by pulling other people down. The intelligent merchant does not knock his competitors. The sensible worker does not knock those who work with him. Don't knock your friends. Don't knock your enemies. Don't knock yourself.
  6. I am a part of all that I have met.
  7. Sin is too stupid to see beyond itself.
  8. He makes no friends who never made a foe.
  9. If I had a flower for every time I thought of you... I could walk through my garden forever.
  10. Sometimes the heart sees what's invisible to the eye.


Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts posts on my writing blog, a weekly writing quote and news of upcoming publications

No comments:

Post a Comment