Monday 6 March 2017

7th March: Bret Easton Ellis Quotes

Bret Easton Ellis, the US novelist who wrote Less Than Zero and American Psycho was born on 7 March 1964. Here are some of his thoughts on writing, evil, the past, and more.


  1. Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do?
  2. The better you look, the more you see.
  3. Look how black the sky is, the writer said. I made it that way.
  4. When the going gets tough, the tough go drinking.
  5. But this was what happened when you didn't want to visit and confront the past: the past starts visiting and confronting you.
  6. People are afraid to merge.
  7. I don't know why I write what I write.
  8. I just sort of write the book I feel like writing given the emotional place I am in my life at the time.
  9. It's the rare book that's able to transport you in a way that a movie does.
  10. All of my books come from pain. 


NEW!!

Sweet Karma

My latest short story collection: murder and mayhem along with moving statues, Ancient Egyptian magic pebbles, a World War II evacuee's diary and a bathtub full of marshmallows.

Paperback Createspace or Amazon




Now you can browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment