Friday 24 March 2017

24th March: Alan Sugar Quotes

It's Lord Alan Sugar's 70th birthday. Here are some quotes from the straight-talking businessman famous for Amstrad and The Apprentice UK.

  1. She’ll walk over anybody, chew them up for breakfast and spit them out. That’s what I like about her.
  2. When I first started out, I wasn’t interested in making a million, I wasn’t thinking about getting a knighthood. It was about getting some wheels. I wanted a car.
  3. On paper you all look good, but so does fish and chips.
  4. Put your loved ones, not your profit margin, centre stage.
  5. Don’t start telling me that you’re just like me, because no one’s like me; I’m unique.
  6. All I’ve heard from you so far is a lot of hot air, so in the interests of climate change you’re fired.
  7. Fair? The only fair you’re gonna get is your bloody train fare home.
  8. Don’t worry if you make mistakes because that’s how most people learn.
  9. I know the words to Candle in the Wind – it don’t make me Elton John.
  10. Let your opponent win something… I realised that it’s no good boxing people into a corner; if you really want to succeed, you need to let them win a little and leave them with a nice way out.



Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts posts on my writing blog, a weekly writing quote and news of upcoming publications

No comments:

Post a Comment