Saturday 11 February 2017

12 February: Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln was born on this date in 1809. Here are some things he said:

  1. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
  2. And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
  3. I do not like that man. I must get to know him better.
  4. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
  5. Whatever you are, be a good one.
  6. Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.
  7. Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
  8. You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
  9. It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.
  10. I want it said of me by those who knew me best, that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow.

NEW!!

Sweet Karma

My latest short story collection: murder and mayhem along with moving statues, Ancient Egyptian magic pebbles, a World War II evacuee's diary and a bathtub full of marshmallows.

Paperback Createspace or Amazon




No comments:

Post a Comment