Tuesday 20 September 2016

27 September: Irvine Welsh

Irvine Welsh, Scottish writer best known for his novel Trainspotting was born on this date in 1961. Ten quotes from him:


  1. Bad luck is usually transmitted by close proximity to habitual sufferers.
  2. I enjoy the freedom of the blank page.
  3. The first job of a writer is to be honest.
  4. You can't lie to your soul.
  5. By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.
  6. I'm not running away, I'm moving on.
  7. Some people are easier to love when you don't have to be around them.
  8. Now, for the first time, he's seeing that there really is a way out of this, and it's all so simple. You don't have to run away. You just meet somebody special and step sideways into a parallel universe.
  9. You were what you were and you are what you are. Fuck that regrets bullshit.
  10. I chose not to choose life. I chose something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment