Friday 2 October 2015

2nd October: Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx  was born this date in 1890. Some quotes from Groucho:

  1. I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
  2. The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
  3. Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
  4. Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
  5. I intend to live forever, or die trying.
  6. A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
  7. Why should I care about posterity? What's posterity ever done for me?
  8. One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.
  9. I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a good book.
  10. From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment