Tuesday 13 October 2015

14th October: Katherine Mansfield

Katherine Mansfield was born on this date in 1888. Here are 10 quotes:


  1. Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth.
  2. I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing.
  3. Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different.
  4. I imagine I was always writing. Twaddle it was too. But better far write twaddle or anything, anything, than nothing at all.
  5. I want to be all that I am capable of becoming.
  6. The pleasure of all reading is doubled when one lives with another who shares the same books.
  7. It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves.
  8. I'm a writer first and a woman after.
  9. Would you not like to try all sorts of lives - one is so very small - but that is the satisfaction of writing - one can impersonate so many people.
  10. Life never becomes a habit to me. It's always a marvel.

No comments:

Post a Comment