Tuesday 19 May 2015

19th May: Nancy Astor

Nancy Astor, the first woman to become an MP, was born on this date in 1879. Here are 10 things she said:


  1. The main dangers in this life are the people who want to change everything... or nothing.
  2. The penalty of success is to be bored by people who used to snub you.
  3. One reason why I don't drink is because I wish to know when I am having a good time.
  4. Women have got to make the world safe for men since men have made it so darned unsafe for women.
  5. I married beneath me, all women do.
  6. Pioneers may be picturesque figures, but they are often rather lonely ones.
  7. The only thing I like about rich people is their money.
  8. The first time Adam had a chance he laid the blame on a woman.
  9. We women talk too much, but even then we don't tell half what we know.
  10. A fool without fear is sometimes wiser than an angel with fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment