Sunday 22 June 2014

28th June: Insurance Awareness Day

Today is Insurance Awareness day in the US. Why this should be is unknown, but it was probably devised by insurance companies. Today, here are 10 amusing extracts from insurance claim letters:


  1. Unless I get my money soon, I will be forced to live an immortal life.
  2. I thought the side window was down, but it was up as I found when I put my head through it
  3. Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.
  4. The accident happened because I had one eye on the lorry in front, one eye on the pedestrian and the other on the car behind.
  5. First car stopped suddenly, second car hit first car and a haggis ran into the rear of the second car.
  6. I blew my horn, but it did not work, as it was stolen.
  7. In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.
  8. I consider that neither car was to blame, but if either one was to blame, it would be the other one.
  9. The guy was all over the road, I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.
  10. I had been driving for forty years, when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment