Saturday 1 March 2014

March 8th: International Women's Day

To celebrate International Women's Day, 10 quotations celebrating women:

  1. Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior. Socrates
  2. Women don't have hot flushes - they have power surges.
  3. I have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat. Rebecca West
  4. There is a woman at the beginning of all great things. Alphonse de Lamartine
  5. A woman is like a teabag. Only in hot water do you realise how strong she is. Nancy Reagan
  6. Whatever women so, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. Charlotte Whitton
  7. I married beneath me. All women do. Lady Nancy Astor
  8. Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month I can be myself. Roseanne Barr
  9. Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition. Timothy Leary
  10. Some people think large breasts make a woman stupid. Just the opposite. A woman having large breasts makes men stupid. Rita Rudner

No comments:

Post a Comment